A Legacy of Success. A Tradition of Trust.
Auto Defect Lawyers Serving Houston
An Expert Legal Team on Your Side
Not all car accidents are caused directly by a negligent driver. Some crashes are caused by vehicle defects that make the vehicle impossible to control or catch fire. Even when it seems like another driver is not at fault for your crash, it doesn’t mean that no one is. The automaker might be completely liable for your damages and losses.
Houssiere Durant & Houssiere, LLP and our Houston auto defect attorneys can help you understand your legal options after being in a crash caused by a defective vehicle or auto part. We know how to file a suit against the companies that designed, made, and/or distributed the faulty part that caused the crash. When you choose our firm, you won’t be working with just a team of attorneys. No, we stand out from other law firms because we are scientific experts, too. Trust our experience and insight to handle your claim from start to finish.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Helping People Get the Justice They Deserve
Why Science Matters in Auto Defect Cases
Automakers often refuse to acknowledge that there could be anything wrong with their products. When word of a new auto defect starts to spread, auto manufacturers often deploy a team of engineers to prove that the defect wasn’t their fault. To bring an auto defect case against them, you should be ready with a team of scientific experts and highly trained specialists, too.
At Houssiere Durant & Houssiere, LLP in Houston, we have engineers and experts with backgrounds in physics on staff. Our founder, Attorney Charles “Chip” Houssiere, has worked for NASA, too. We are ready to use our experience and higher degrees of education to your case’s advantage and show that the cause of the auto defect rests on the failure of the automaker or another corporation, not you. Arguments can often be counterargued, but concrete scientific facts can’t.
Auto Defect Claims We Handle
Houssiere Durant & Houssiere, LLP has the experience, insight, and technical knowledge to handle any auto defect claim. Regardless of what part of your car failed and why, we can work on the case, even if it builds into a lawsuit that heads to trial. With our backgrounds as engineers and scientists, we can investigate the failure and network with experts who can lend their talents to your case.
We have worked on many different auto defect cases, such as:
- Airbag and restraint system defects: If your airbag failed to inflate, exploded, or otherwise malfunctioned, ask our attorneys about your options. Infamously, millions of vehicles were recalled after it was discovered that Takata Corp. brand airbags could violently explode on their own.
- Car fires and defective fuel systems: Gasoline is highly combustible, and if your vehicle was not designed or manufactured with the proper safety features, a collision can cause fiery gas leaks. Vehicles must be created to protect consumers against expected hazards, including wrecks. A car fire is a sign of negligence, and we want to help you file a claim to hold the automaker accountable for that negligence.
- Rollover accidents: SUVs and certain other automobiles are prone to rollover accidents due to unsafe designs that make the vehicles top-heavy. Rollovers are extremely dangerous, especially when a poorly designed roof collapses as the vehicle rolls. Our team knows how to fight to maximize your compensation after these tragic wrecks.
- Defective third-row seats: Third-row seats in minivans and some SUVs are notorious for collapsing or coming loose in rear-end collisions due to their poor design. We have fought multiple cases where poorly designed third-row seats caused serious or even fatal injury to the children in them.
- Defective tires: This can explode or rupture while driving and cause an accident. Our firm has held the largest tire manufactures responsible for 100s of accidents involving deaths and catastrophic injuries.
What to Expect in an Auto Defect Case
You should be prepared for a contested legal battle when you file an auto defect claim. Most vehicle or parts manufacturers have well-funded in-house legal teams who will do whatever they can to prevent you from prevailing. You and your legal team must be prepared to face and overcome these challenges.
A defective vehicle claim will require a more in-depth and technical investigation of the accident to prove the automaker’s liability. Along with our in-house experience handling product defects and scientific backgrounds, we have ties to trusted engineers who can join us to investigate and testify on your behalf. Many law firms do not have the resources or network to successfully conduct such claims. We invite you to ask us for more information about our past experience, processes, and the knowledge we have to support your auto defect claim.
Help Keep Dangerous Vehicles Off the Roads – Call Now
An auto defect claim can be the best path forward to fight for the compensation you need if you’ve been injured by a faulty vehicle or part. Your claim might also be crucial for helping other people get the compensation that they need. Definitively proving a vehicle defect might make it easier for other injury victims to sue, which then incentivizes the company to fix the underlying problem rather than just trying to bury it in their financial records. In the past, our lawyers have not only convinced companies to fix poorly designed or manufactured products, which also assisted them in creating safer products. Your decision to bring a case can cause wide-scale changes that keep all of us safer.
Houssiere Durant & Houssiere, LLP cares about making the world a better place. That’s why we take cases like yours and devote ourselves to thoroughly representing you in these difficult times. We take a team approach to each case, bringing multiple viewpoints and types of experience and expertise to the table. If you want a strong and capable team to handle your auto defect case, you found it.
Call us at (800) 914-2894 to schedule a free consultation with our Houston auto defect lawyers. We’ve been proudly serving our community for 40 years.
Your Trusted Advocate
There are a few indicators of quality you can look at to determine whether a law firm has what it takes to help you. The first is case results, the second is client reviews, and the third is awards and honors from respected legal organizations. We are proud our team at Houssiere Durant & Houssiere, LLP has all of these quality markers and more.
Quality Representation Makes a Difference
Why Houssiere Durant Houssiere Is the Right Choice
Our scientific background gives us unique insight into medical-related cases, allowing us to oppose the defense effectively.
When you hire our firm, you get a team of attorneys and support staff working together to build the best possible case.
We have fought alongside thousands of clients, helping to secure hundreds of millions of dollars since 1981.